1. Whole bean or ground? I buy beans but either grind them myself (at the supermarket) or have the barista grind them for me (at my local coffee shop).
2. Fully-loaded or decaf? Fully-loaded until noon, then decaf the rest of the day. I like my sleep.
3. Regular or flavored? Regular, dark roast, the darker the better. But one of my co-workers introduced me to flavored coffee -- decaf for me -- as an afternoon low-calorie treat. I've become fond of flavored ones with chocolate or toffee or hazelnut, but I'm open to new experiences. :-) At home I'll sometimes make a decaf latte in the evening using half espresso beans and half flavored.
4. How do you drink your coffee? Mostly I make my own lattes; regular coffee has to have at least a little milk/cream/half & half, but never the fake Coffeemate-type stuff.
5. Favorite coffee ever? The only memorable coffee I ever had was served in the restaurant where I ate breakfast every morning the week we were on Waikiki Beach. It was Kona, presumably, and very fresh. I've had store-bought Kona at home in Minneapolis and it wasn't the same.
6. Are you fussy about your coffee or will any old bean do? I'm not a real coffee snob, although a couple times I have thrown out beans bought at the local, small-town supermarket because they tasted so bad. Mostly I buy Peace Coffee, which tastes to me like Starbucks but is more ethical. I see no reason to try $20 or $50/lb. coffee if I'm happy with the $10/lb. stuff.
7. Favorite treats to have with your coffee? Anything sweet; my favorite sweets involve either cinnamon (in the morning) or chocolate (any other time).
8. Anything else about your coffee preferences? I'll even drink it after it gets cold, although I have never, ever ordered a cold coffee drink on purpose. Sometimes I drink tea, either Good Earth or Earl Grey, very occasionally Lapsang Souchong. I'm not a big fan of herbal teas, although mint or lemon tea isn't bad.
9. Yarn/fiber you love? Anything soft.
10. Yarn/fiber you hate? Anything scratchy.
11. What's on your needles? Er, right at this exact moment, nothing. But tomorrow I'll cast on for a yard or so of I-cord for a drawstring to keep the dog's sweater where it belongs on her body. Then back to the knitted clogs for a Christmas gift, with the occasional charity hat thrown in for variety.
12. Favorite colors? Jewel tones, especially reds and blues.
13. Allergies? Nothing fibery as far as I know.
14. Anything you really love, really don't like, or just need to get off your chest? I would like to take this opportunity to apologize personally, to every gay and lesbian person and to every committed couple living together without benefit of legal sanction, for what Wisconsin voters did last Tuesday. The constitutional amendment they approved (by 70%) regarding marriage is an abomination. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry.