I suppose the upside is less risk of identity theft.
* * * * *
Tornadoes and severe weather in MN and WI today, but not right here. I took a nap in the afternoon (yay! naps!) and woke enough to hear rain and maybe some wind, but went back to sleep. The power went off for about half an hour at about 6 pm. And that was that.
#2 son called at about 6:30 to tell me he was fine. Apparently there were tornado warnings for the Eau Claire area, where he and his girlfriend are visiting her mother for the weekend. I was grateful for his thoughtfulness, although I had no idea he was in peril.
Smokey called shortly after from work to tell me about the tornado that touched down in Hugo, a far-flung northern suburb of St. Paul; a 2-year-old boy was killed, his older brother was critically injured, and 20 people were unaccounted for. Yikes.
#1 son is in Chillicothe, Illinois for an outdoor rock festival that he is attending with a very good friend from college whose family lives there. Chillicothe is in northwestern Illinois, which may be in the path of the storms. But I am NOT a worrier, so I am NOT worrying about him. He is driving his friend back to law school in St. Louis tomorrow so I won't see him again until Tuesday.
So I am doing what all good knitters do when their families abandon them.
- Give thanks to the Knitting Goddesses.
- Have a beer.
- Knit while listening to an audio book.
- Knit while watching a DVD.
- Knit while meditating on my good fortune.
- Eat chocolate without sharing.
- Read knitting blogs.
- Finish the current pair of socks on OTN.
- Think about what to cast on next.
- Do NOT make dinner.
- Compare stash yarn to patterns; ponder same.
- Wind yarn into a delightful center-pull ball (Brooks Farm Acero, mmmmmm!)(The second link is to Ravelry; the color I have is the same as the second skein on the left, the one in mimknits' stash)(I have two skeins of that color and one of a similar color that has some deep blue in it; all acquired from Norma when she destashed at New Year's)(I am now all a-quiver to cast for something from this gorgeous stuff, never mind the 3 or 4 other projects currently OTN.)