I decided to do my own Ten on Tuesday list this week.
Ten Reasons to Vote Today.
- Nifty sticker to wear on your lapel. "I voted!"
- Cute election judges... if you are a 70+ year old male.
- Free coffee and cookies.
- Opportunity to see your local community center / fire hall / village hall / elementary school full of people with good intentions.
- A chance to knit (while standing in line).
- The only time you will see some of these names in print. County coroner? County assessor? Who are these people?
- Polling place just might be near your LYS. Everyone who votes deserves a yarn treat.
- Easiest way in the world to be a patriot.
- Chance to do something that millions would [and have] die[d] for the right to do.
And finally, the very best reason of all...
- If you don't vote you lose the right to complain about your government.
* * * * *
I'm sick of campaign ads, junk mail, the media buzz, and especially the recorded phone calls. Campaign signs, though, are kinda fun. I first noticed them when we were in Wyoming in June. There were campaign signs everywhere. Didn't notice [m]any in Montana, though. Later in the summer I saw them on the North Shore, plus they started to crop up here at home.
As they say in Chicago, Vote early! Vote often! !