I was tagged by Jen, who didn't actually explain what the meme was. Judging by her post, I think it means ten things that make me light up with pleasure. So I will go with that.
2. When I remember, whilst lying in my cozy warm bed in the chilly, chilly bedroom in the morning, that if I get up and get dressed I can have... COFFEE!
registration for the 2011 Yarnover. Ah, the exquisite joy and pain of narrowing my class choices down to just two! Or one, if I decide to take an all-day class instead of two half-day classes. So far I have it narrowed down to three all-day classes, three morning classes, and five afternoon classes. Decisions, decisions...
4. YouTube. By searching YouTube I found video tutorials for Japanese short rows and double knitting in colors. This means I can eliminate those two classes from my Yarnover list. Now to search for Bavarian and Austrian twisted stitches. If I can learn those from YouTube I will have eliminated the all-day class on my list.
5. When Smokey says, Hey, ya wanna do some quizzes? We have done the Asimov Superquiz on the Star Tribune website for years but now he has found a website with a seemingly infinite number of trivia quizzes. Yeah, we are nerds, but we are happy nerds.
6. Casting on a new project. Binding off a finished project. Which is better? Yes.
8. Turning the key in my car and having it start right up. That may not seem like much, but when the temperature is somewhere south of zero degrees Fahrenheit, it is a downright miracle. Definitely smile-worthy.
9. Super-cold weather. It means I can bundle up when I venture out -- Dimorphous mittens on my hands, Noro striped scarf wrapped around my neck, Calorimetry to cover my ears, double-thick wool socks on my feet. Plus the bedroom is extra chilly so we both sleep better, snuggled down under a couple-three comforters with a dog and/or cat(s) for extra warmth. I'll be tired of it by March, but for now I am enjoying it.