Spring in the Upper Midwest tends to occur one afternoon in May, after which we go directly into summer. The natal season seems to be lasting a bit longer this year but I don't want to take chances. I have altered the time frame a bit.
Ten Twelve Things On My 'Do By The Fourth Of July' List
- Finish the Big Herringbone Cowl (I haven't blogged about his yet) for Alex.
- Knit her cabled stockings as requested. I already have the yarn and the pattern.
- Start DNA scarf for Elder Son. I have the yarn but may need to revamp the pattern a bit.
- Clean porch so we can eat dinner there every night.
- Knit another Moebius cowl before I forget how to do it. The first one (not blogged yet) took roughly a day; the second will take longer because I want to make it bigger.
- Soak some yarn I bought several years ago to see if the dye runs; if not, cast on for the sweater that is in my head. (Also, write the pattern for said sweater. It is based on a scarf/shawl pattern but obviously needs some tweaking to become a sweater.) If the dye leaks, either figure out how to set the dye or figure out a different use for the yarn.
- Finish Tappan Zee sweater.
- Clean the entryway.
- Clear at least half the crappe from my desk.
- Finish the Noro striped scarf (also unblogged) I started for myself.
- Do our 2011 taxes.
- Cast on for another sweater in my head using the 20 balls of Noro Silk Garden I bought for it in, er, April, 2010.