Ten Things I Always Have In My Car.
- Ice scraper, snow brush, and jumper cables.
- Box of tissues.
- Tool kit.
- Extra bottle of oil.
- In the glove compartment: registration and insurance card; pens and pencils; tire gauge; owner's manual; bottle of antiacid.
- Handicapped parking permit.
- Wastebasket. Not a litter bag, a real wastebasket.
- Sunglasses -- regular, clip-on, and a pair for Smokey (aka Big Head).
- A map of every state this car has ventured into in its 14-year life.
- 47 pounds of dog hair.
No CDs or tapes because my iPod plugs into the stereo, no GPS. I try to keep as little crappe in my car as possible. Boring, right? But I am always prepared.
Digression: a couple months ago I found a pair of (my own) underwear between the passenger seat and the door. No idea how they got there, but I am glad they were recognizably my own...