I thought the deadline for the Newtown squares was March 1 so I finished up with them this week. Turns out the deadline is March 31, but I'm squared out after a dozen.
As you might be able to guess, the last three squares above are rather less pride-inducing than the rest. From the first of the close-ups:
- Diamond Brocade stitch from Barbara Walker vol.1 (or maybe vol. 2, I'm too lazy to go look it up).
- Mitered squares with a centered double decrease (sl2tog knitwise, k1, pass slipped stitches over).
- Basketweave stitch.
- Stitch pattern from Yarn Harlot's One-Row Scarf. Problem was NOT the stitch pattern; problem was that I didn't cast on enough stitches and the square is barely big enough.
- Garter stitch, complete with errors (I seem to be incapable of working garter stitch without screwing up; although I used to be able to drop back and fix a goof, when I tried that on this square it looked terrible -- worse than the error), and a mitered square worked in seed stitch. It looks terrible -- apparently seed stitch and miters do not play well together.
All worked on a US#6 using Valley Yarns superwash DK (100% superwash merino; soft and totally machine washable and dryable). ±40, depending on stitch used.