Today is...my birthday! I am so many years old that I cannot count that high. Yo tiene mas años que tu.
Notable events from the year I was born:
- January 11 -- Los Angeles received its first record snowfall.
- February 22 -- Grady. a 1,200-pound cow, gets stuck inside a silo on a farm in Yukon, Oklahoma and garners national media attention in the United States.
- March 28 -- English astronomer Fred Hoyle coins the term Big Bang during a BBC radio broadcast.
- April 4 -- The North Atlantic Treaty is signed in Washington, DC, creating NATO.
- May 1 -- Nereid, a moon of Neptune, is discovered by Gerald P. Kuiper. (The Kuiper Belt is named after him.)
- June 24 -- Smokey -- aka Dick back then -- celebrates his first birthday.
- July 1 -- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India is established.
- August 10 -- The Kat™ is born.
- September 10 -- Bill O'Reilly is born.
- October -- nothing happens. Oh, wait. Chairman Mao declares the People's Republic of China.
- November 28 -- Winston Churchill makes a landmark speech in support of the idea of a European Union.
- December 1 -- Pablo Escobar, drug lord, is born.