Having missed the past two Ten on Tuesdays, I may just catch up here.
- Cleaning the cats' litter boxes. Smokey did it before we had kids, then they did it, now it tends to be his job again. He is My Hero.
- Cleaning up after Junior Dog, who is having trouble understanding why we put her out three times a day. Once again, Smokey does almost all of this task. Hero x2.
- Washing dishes. I have hated this since I was a child. My mother disliked making beds. One summer (she was a teacher, with summers off) we traded jobs. She did all the dishes, I made the beds every day. Heaven!
- Dealing with the mail. I keep removing us from mailing lists and letting subscriptions expire and getting as many of our affairs online as possibile, but somehow I still cannot keep up with the stuff the mail carrier brings.
- Putting things away. (see above)
- Cleaning the bathroom. Yuk.
- Vacuuming and dusting. It's not that I dislike the actual task, it's that my back hurts after 5 minutes of being upright. This means that vacuuming and dusting, which should take 20 minutes, takes all afternoon because of the frequent rest breaks. Plus, two long-haired cats, one long-haired dog, and one long-haired self means a LOT of hair on the carpet. I have to take the vacuum apart every time I use it to get rid of a clog/replace the bag/replace the belt/fix the vacuum in some way. If I would vacuum every day or two this might not happen. Will I ever learn? Hard to say, really.
- Any task that requires being on my feet for more than a couple minutes. See above.
- Cannot think of any more specific chores.
- Nope, cannot think of any others.
For the record, I have always kind of enjoyed doing the laundry, although I did not like folding the white, bleached clothes -- t-shirts, tightie-whities, socks. Heh. But my sweetie decided last year he would no longer wear those things, going instead to colored garments. Hero x3.
Ten Songs That Make Me Want To Dance.
- That Old Time Rock and Roll / Bob Seger. Back in the day, this was the song that always got people out onto the dance floor.
- Rock 'n' Roll Music / Beatles.
There are more, but I really, really wanted to put these two out there.