I finished another pair of socks. Or, as I like to think of it, another skein of sock yarn bit the dust.
Yarn: Austermann Step with Jojoba; toes and heels reinforced with Lang reinforcing thread (light blue on the left toe, light gray on the other toe and both heels; I couldn't find the blue when it was time to start the second sock).
Needles: Karbonz US#0 (feet) and Addi Turbo US#1 (legs). These came out a little tight. I need to remember to use a US#1.5 for the legs.
Pattern: Wendy's Generic Toe-Up Socks.
This yarn has been marinating in the stash since ::counts on fingers and toes:: April 2007. I am glad to have used it finally. Although the socks are not exciting, they will be a wardrobe staple.
It is completely random that they came out so perfectly matchy-matchy. Usually I divide the full skein into two equal balls and [with great anal-ness] start each one at the same spot in the color repeat, but I didn't bother this time. Although the stripes are clear in the finished socks, they are much more subtle in the yarn itself. I decided not to bother trying to figure out where to start sock #2. Imagine my surprise when I held the second sock up to the first to see if it was time to start the heel -- perfect match on the stripes!
* * * * *
And now for your amusement: a baby duckling waterslide!