I want to go on recond here: there is a very fine line between "things that make me feel grown up" and "things that make me feel old".
Ten Some Things That Make Me Feel Grown Up.
- Ordering a salad topped with some kind of grilled protein, still warm
- Eating really dark chocolate.
- Ordering a beer or glass of wine with dinner.
- Eating spicy food. And wondering if it couldn't use just a little more heat.
- Drinking coffee every morning, especially drinking French roast.**
- Buying furniture in an actual furniture store, not at Goodwill. Related: putting books on an actual bookshelf, not one made of bricks and boards.
- Going on vacation after having worked long and hard at a job for months, not just weeks.
- Clicking on the Yes, I am over 18 button on certain websites*.
- Referring to Smokey as "my husband". It took years to get used to that.
- Watching my language around the kids. I don't really have to do that so much anymore :-)
- Signing up for Medicare. Well, not quite yet, but later this year.
- ...and then there was the time a store manager told the pre-teens who were fooling around his store, Watch out for the old people! and he was referring to me. Grrr...
* No, not THAT kind of website.
** Did you notice that the first five items all had to do with food? I shudder to think what that means about me.