Ten Things I Like About Winter.
- The clothes. I much prefer layering to a t-shirt and shorts.
- The food, Comfort food, like soups and roasted root vegies and crockpot meals.
- The view. A snowy winter is absolutely gorgeous in the north.
- The snuggling opportunities. Who want to cuddle when it's 80˚?
- The opportunities for knitting. While I knit year-round -- don't we all? -- there is so much more inspiration and incentive in winter. Madame DeFarge Knits is providing a LOT of inspiration lately.
- The coziness. There is nothing quite like snuggling under an afghan to watch TV, perhaps with a fire in the fireplace, a cup of hot tea/cider next to me, a cat on my lap.
- The snugglieness of kittehs. Ours became heat-seeking missiles right around December first. When the temp is below zero, Hannibal The Fluffball Of Doom likes to sleep on my head. Warmth!
- The opportunity to make use of the all-wheel drive feature of my car.* Also the heated seats.
- Did I mention the hand knits?
- The feeling of hardiness we Northerners enjoy when the temp is below zero and the wind is blowing snow across the prairie.
* The AWD is not quite enough when, through driver error, the right front wheel finds itself in the ditch, a ditch IN TOWN and completely invisible because it is filled with snow. Not that I have any experience of this, you understand...