I am speaking to you from my used-but-new-to-me computer!
Old Mac Mini
- Circa September 2008; purchased new
- 1.8Gb processor
- 4 Gb RAM
- ? Gb hard drive (it filled up nearly 2 years ago; I have been using an external HD for all my data, photo, and music files
- Running Mac OS X 10.6, Snow Leopard; unable to upgrade
- Circa 2011; purchased on eBay
- 2.3 Gb processor
- 5 Gb RAM
- 500 Gb HD (There is 200 Gb of stuff on the external HD which I can now move to the internal HD and revert to using the external one for backup.)
- (ta da, the best part) Running the current Mac OS X, 10.9.5, Yosemite! Now I can access all those features I have been using on my iPhone and iPad for months.
Well, that last may not be the best part. The real best part is that I don't have to wait 10-15 seconds every time I click to a different tab in Chrome or wait 2 minutes while iPhoto opens. And now I can listen to iTunes while Chrome and iPhoto are open.