Smokey and I received this forwarded email from his cousin Gisele, who lives in Laramie, WY.
FORT COLLINS FIRE
The High Park Fire in Fort Collins - has burned 257 homes and 87K acres.
Larimer Humane Society
Donate online at https://www.larimerhumane.org/donate/online-donation
or mail checks to 5137 S. College Ave., Fort Collins, CO 80525.
Society currently coordinating rescue of all animals in High Park Fire area, providing water to animals that have not been evacuated, reuniting owners and pets and sheltering evacuated animals: 970-226-3647, ext. 7.
Urgent Need: kitty litter
VCA Animal Hospital in both Fort Collins and Loveland are offering free boarding if pets of evacuees need a place for their furry friends to stay. They will also update evacuees' pets' vaccinations for free if need be. The Loveland location is open 24 hours a day (970) 278-0668. Call the Fort Collins location to find out their hours at (970) 204-4567
Urgent Need Towels and blankets
The Moore Animal Hospital is also offering free boarding to evacuees.
2550 Stover Street
Fort Collins, CO 80525
Urgent Need: towels and blankets
Wolf, a wolf sanctuary near Fort Collins has had to be evacuated, and they desperately need monetary donations, please donate at:
Flagstaff Fire in Boulder, CO
Just started yesterday, relatively small but could grow.
Humane Society of Boulder Valley
Cash Donations Needed: "Our greatest support needed at the shelter is for cash donations to support our operating expenses while we’re providing free services to our community members affected by this disaster."
Call them at (303) 442-4030
You may donate online at:
or send your donation by mail or in person to:
2323 55th Street, Boulder, CO 80301.
Urgent Need: kitty litter, blankets & towels
COLORADO SPRINGS FIRE
Humane Society Pikes Peak Region
Here is their latest status:
"We are so very appreciative of all the donated items we have received for the animals in our care. The outpouring of support from our community is phenomenal. At this time, we do not need any additional items, should our in-kind needs change we will let you know! Our greatest need is monetary donations to support our operations. (719) 473-1741, ext. 8723
Donate online at https://www.hsppr.org/sslpage.aspx?pid=1015
Or by mail to:
Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region
610 Abbott Lane, Colorado Springs CO 80905
A Cut Above Pet Grooming 719.630.7387
They need Volunteers, who can stay overnight if need be.
Urgent Need: kennels, smaller litter boxes, blankets, Cat food (dry and wet) , Monetary donations
All Breed Rescue & Training
20 Mountview Lane, Suite B & C, Colorado Springs, CO 80907
They are taking in evacuee animals, anything that doesn't go in a stall.
Urgent Need: Dog/Cat food, blankets, gas cards or grocery cards
Other facilities that are ready to take in animals include:
These are other facilities ready to take in animals
*Sunrise Kennels 719.661.7036
*Canine Design Salon 719.227.7220
*Cheyenne Mountain Animal Hospital 7193433.3840
*Lucky Dog 719.527.9663
*Bear Creek Vet 719-685-1177
*Dublin Animal Hospital 719-338-8935
*CATS Lucky Dog Boarding 719.527.9663
*Central Bark Dog Daycare 719.592.9300
*Canine Campus 719.448.9600
*A Paw Above Boarding Service 719.386.7291
*Northwest Animal Hospital 719.593.8582
*Camp Bow Wow 719.260.9247
*Sunrise Kennels 719.598.8348
*Aspen Meadows Pet Resort 719.282.6000
*Picasso's Pet Grooming- Security 719.392.4092
*Rocky Mountain Health Care Services (Can House
*People & Pets) 719.641.2747 & 719.201.0247
*Powers ER Animal 719.473.0482
The owner of Faith Fire ranch in Lander Wyoming has posted this on her personal facebook.
If anyone in the Colorado area needs refuge for their livestock our place is open...pass it along and message me if interested. email@example.com
**** BEWARE OF SCAMS: People are getting calls from this number 505-750-0928 asking for donations for fire victims. They are claiming they are a legit organization. Also, the the caller id number 720-663-7994 is a scam... if you get a call to give a "modest" donation to the fire efforts - don't do it!!!! ****
· Town Hall, 170 MacGregor Ave. (outside Administration, Room 150) 8a.m. – 5p.m., Monday-Friday.
· The Fairgrounds at Stanley Park, 1209 Manford Ave. (outside the Ticket Booth). Daily, 7a.m.-7 p.m.
· Donate ONLY those things that are requested by officials and bring them to the official designated collection centers
· Donated rooms in homes can NOT be accepted.
· Items not needed may go to waste and get in the way of relief efforts
· Meal donations from restaurants (no home cooked meals please) are needed for some local personnel and volunteers supporting response efforts (please note that Federal Incident Command can NOT accept ANY food offers). If you are a restaurant and want to donate meals,click here (http://www.aidmatrixnetwork.org/FEMA/PublicPortal/ListOfNeeds.aspx?PortalID=6), and then wait to be contacted (never bring food to a site unless it is requested).
· Click here (http://www.aidmatrixnetwork.org/fema/States.aspx?ST=Colorado ) to list your donation and note in the 'Donor Comments' section the name of the fire you would like to give to. You will be contacted if your donation is needed.
· DO NOT GO TO THE SCENE OF A DISASTER
· The arrival of unexpected volunteers will interfere with response efforts
· STAY SAFE by volunteering with a reputable agency!
· Volunteers will be needed most during the recovery phase. Please be patient and WAIT until relief agencies can train you and use your help
· Please Click here (http://www.aidmatrixnetwork.org/fema/States.aspx?ST=Colorado) to sign up to volunteer and list in the 'Comments' section the name of the fire you would like to give your time to. If a volunteer need is identified, you will be contacted by the agency that can utilize your skills.
· Larimer Cnty: For updated info, go to: http://larimer.org/emergency/
· R.J. Montgomery, New Hope Center - (719) 578-919
· Shelters and Emergency Housing: Colorado http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=%2Fstates%2Fcolorado%2Fhomeless%2Fshelters
· Boulder County emergency alerts can be ordered online:everbridge.net
· ACS Community Lift (Adventist Community Services Disaster Response) http://www.acslift.org/index.html
· ColoradoRedCross.org/donate http://coloradoredcross.org/donate
· Other Donation info: http://cbsdenver.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/springer-fire-update_6_20_2012_donation_information.docx
· Wildfire Resources section http://denver.cbslocal.com/guide/wildfire-resources/
· UCCS Students have been offered campus housing, contact: Ralph Giese 255-4327 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Shelter for Military Evacuees http://www.ftcarsonnow.com/?p=2698
· Pikes Peak Respite Services (719) 659-6344 (Always Open) is offering support/lodging for those in need. Staff may be available to help those who have children with special needs.
· Northrop Grumman Emergency Information Line at (800) 995-4318 or visit: http://www.northropgrumman.com/emergency/
· El Paso and Teller County emergency notifications Sign up at ElPasoTeller911.org
· Pikes Peak United Way Call 211 or their direct line, 719-955-0742.
· United Way Emergency Evacuation Registration To have your name added to the Emergency Evacuation Registry call 719-955-0742, Monday through Friday from 8a.m. to 5p.m.
· Joint Information Center Call for information about the Waldo Canyon Fire. (719) 520-7058 (720) 402-7935 (720) 237-9947 (720) 237-3417
· The Independence Center can help connect you with resources if you are disabled. Call the center at 719-471-8181 or email@example.com
· Unemployment Benefits For Those Impacted By Waldo Canyon Fire http://www.kktv.com/news/wildfires/headlines/Unemployment_Benefits_For_Those_Impacted_By_Waldo_Canyon_Fire_160664585.html